29 Jun Our Favorite 4th Of July Grilling Recipes
From Beer Can Chicken to Banana Splits, Blend’s Top 4th Of July Grilling Recipes Below!
Happy 4th Of July from Blend! Time to fire up the grill, set the patio and invite all of your friends and family! For this year’s BBQ, elevate your menu with some of our favorite recipe classics.
Beer Can Roast Chicken
This recipe is one of our 4th of July favorites because it’s super simple and always a hit. The trick is to roast the chicken standing up, which keeps the meat inside moist and makes all of the chicken skin perfectly crispy. We use Za’atar to spice our chicken, but this is open to interpretation … choose your favorite spice mix.
1 whole air chilled chicken (you can find these at Whole Foods)
1 can of beer
1 TBSP grapeseed oil
3 TBSP Za’atar seasoning (our personal favorite)
Kosher salt & pepper to season
1 baking sheet, lined with foil
- Pre-heat oven or grill to 475 degrees F
- Remove the wing tips from chicken, otherwise they will burn while roasting at such a high temperature.
- Season chicken with oil, Za’atar, salt and pepper.
- Open beer can, place inside chicken cavity. Remember to keep the chicken standing up.
- Set chicken on baking sheet that is lined with foil. This helps prevent the juices from burning in the oven. Chef tip: you can put a little water on the baking sheet, this also helps the oil & juices not burn, about ¼ C is plenty.
- Place chicken in oven and roast for 45 min – 1 hour. If roasting on the grill it will take around 1 hour – 1 hour and 20 min. You want the skin to be crispy and the meat to be pulling away from the drumstick bones.
- Let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. The beer will continue to steam inside the chicken after you are finished cooking it.
Grilled Garlic & Honey Ciabatta Bread
Savory garlic and sweet local honey drizzled on thick sliced Ciabatta bread, you have to taste it to believe it! After one bite we promise you’ll be making it every summer.
- Slice ciabatta into thick slices.
- Brush with olive oil, grill it, then rub raw garlic clove onto it.
- Drizzle with local honey.
Grilled Zucchini & Eggplant with tahini sauce
Pair this summer and winter veggie for a grilled favorite!
4 zucchini and 2 large eggplant
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp evoo
1 tsp balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
½ bunch parsley, minced
½ bunch thyme, minced
Salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini and eggplant into ¾ inch rounds.
- Marinate in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Start by laying out your marinated eggplant and zucchini evenly over your grill and grill on the first side for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip them all and finish grilling on the second side for 3-4 minutes
- Turn the heat on your grill to medium-low, cover the lid and finish cooking the eggplant and zucchini for another 2 minutes.
1 cup tahini
1.5 cups cold water
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tbsp evoo
½ tsp cayenne or Aleppo chili, ground
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp coriander
Salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together until fully emulsified.
Campfire Banana Split
This fireside banana split is a fun and elevated alternative to s’mores.
Ice cream (optional)
- Slice open banana, long ways
- Stuff with marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Wrap in tin foil and set over fire (or on the grill)
- Serve with ice-cream or eat it straight off the grill!
Happy 4th of July!