Sip On These Summer Cocktail Recipes All Summer
August is here and it is hotter than ever! Whether you’re soaking up the sun at Tahoe or kicking back at a backyard BBQ, keep cool in this high desert heat wave with our favorite summer cocktail recipes.
For Citrus Lovers – The Perfect Paloma Cocktail
1 ½ shots of tequila blanco
Juice of half a ruby grapefruit
½ shot agave syrup
About 75ml club soda
Juice from one wedge of lime
- Mix the grapefruit juice, tequila and agave syrup until well mixed.
- Pour over a tall glass filled with ice and top off with club soda.
The Poolside Refresher – Cucumber Mint Gin Coolers
6 ounces gin
1 cup cucumber cut into chunks
12 mint leaves plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
Chilled Club soda
- Puree cucumber chunks, mint leaves, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Serve on Ice and topic with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Give Your Mojito A Twist – Blueberry Mojito
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
4 Ounces Rum
10 Fresh Mint Leaves
2 Teaspoons White Sugar
Juice of 2 Limes
6 Ounces Club Soda
- Muddle blueberries until smooth.
- Use a muddler or wooden spoon to blend in mint leaves and sugar.
- Stir in rum, lime juice, and blueberry mixture.
- Pour over club soda & ice.
- Garnish with extra blueberries, lime, and mint.
Trending Meets Classic – Lemonade Prosecco Punch
4-6 cups prepared Lemonade (I used a low calorie kind from the grocery store), chilled
1/3 cup vodka
1 pint frozen blackberries
3 sprigs fresh mint
1 bottle (750mL) Prosecco, chilled
- Stir lemonade and vodka in a pitcher
- Add frozen blackberries and mint. Add the Prosecco.
- Serve over ice.
Chef’s Tip: If you can, allow this to sit for 30 minutes. The longer it sits the more the blackberries and mint are infused into the flavor.
Happy Hot August Days!