01 Aug Keep Cool Blend’s Favorite Summer Cocktail Recipes
Sip On These Summer Cocktail Recipes All Summer
August is here and it is hotter than ever! Whether you’re soaking up the sun at Tahoe or kicking back at a backyard BBQ, keep cool in this high desert heat wave with our favorite summer cocktail recipes.
For Citrus Lovers – The Perfect Paloma Cocktail
1 ½ shots of tequila blanco
Juice of half a ruby grapefruit
½ shot agave syrup
About 75ml club soda
Juice from one wedge of lime
- Mix the grapefruit juice, tequila and agave syrup until well mixed.
- Pour over a tall glass filled with ice and top off with club soda.
The Poolside Refresher – Cucumber Mint Gin Coolers
6 ounces gin
1 cup cucumber cut into chunks
12 mint leaves plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
Chilled Club soda
- Puree cucumber chunks, mint leaves, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Serve on Ice and topic with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Give Your Mojito A Twist – Blueberry Mojito
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
4 Ounces Rum
10 Fresh Mint Leaves
2 Teaspoons White Sugar
Juice of 2 Limes
6 Ounces Club Soda
- Muddle blueberries until smooth.
- Use a muddler or wooden spoon to blend in mint leaves and sugar.
- Stir in rum, lime juice, and blueberry mixture.
- Pour over club soda & ice.
- Garnish with extra blueberries, lime, and mint.
Trending Meets Classic – Lemonade Prosecco Punch
4-6 cups prepared Lemonade (I used a low calorie kind from the grocery store), chilled
1/3 cup vodka
1 pint frozen blackberries
3 sprigs fresh mint
1 bottle (750mL) Prosecco, chilled
- Stir lemonade and vodka in a pitcher
- Add frozen blackberries and mint. Add the Prosecco.
- Serve over ice.
Chef’s Tip: If you can, allow this to sit for 30 minutes. The longer it sits the more the blackberries and mint are infused into the flavor.
Happy Hot August Days!