25 Aug Tahoe Wedding Featured by Real Weddings
Sparks, Nevada, born and raised, Tarin and Matt have had mutual friends since middle school, but it was when they bumped into each other at a country concert at the University of Nevada in Reno that they hit it off. After four years of dating, along came a proposal—complete with candles, personalized football jerseys, “Me and You” by Kenny Chesney, a custom ring, and photographer to capture the sweet moment. Michael remembers thinking, ”What better way to start our lives together than on one of the greatest days of the year: NFL opening day?”
It was from that day on that the couple began planning their wedding, and Tarin, an excellent planner with a knack for organizing, took on the challenge. “The planning process went very easy as I knew what I was looking for; and Matt and I communicated about everything we wanted. The most difficult parts were finding the venue and finding my dress,” Tarin explains.
The couple decided to have their wedding at the Tannenbaum Events Center with an outdoor, minimal theme and a dance floor big enough for everyone to break it down! Just as they wanted, everyone enjoyed the reception while eating, laughing and taking pictures, especially when it came to the photo booth. “We loved having our photo booth and jumping into pictures to surprise our guests, and now being able to look back at those pictures to see our guests having a blast,” remembers Tarin.
And don’t forget the four-tiered cake that was packed with scrumptious flavors, including chocolate raspberry and red velvet. “Shoving cake in Tarin’s face was epic!” says Matt. “We both were committed to not being the couple to eat it off each other’s hands.”
Everything—from Tarin walking down the aisle and the cake smash to the first dance and even the mashed potatoes—was a hit! The MVPs of the night scored a touchdown with pictures of their smiling selves and loved ones showering them with love and congratulations as proof. “My favorite part of the day was sharing my love for Matt with our family and friends. I remember smiling from ear to ear the entire time,” says Tarin.
—Isabella De Garza
TARIN & MATT’S WEDDING RESOURCES
• Our cake topper is a Precious Moments figurine to honor the Bride’s grandmother who gave her a Precious Moments figurine every year for 16 years.
• Randy Dorman from Memories Etched in Stone created our table numbers and a few photo booth props. The bride loves the Dallas Cowboys and the groom loves the Denver Broncos. Football is a stable part of our relationship and was a big part of our engagement, so we wanted to incorporate it into our wedding day as well. He also created various signage to use within the photo booth.
• Erik Riekenberg, owner of Epik Weddings, was extremely helpful in planning out our timeline. He shared his expertise and tips openly and made us feel as though he wanted our wedding to be as perfect as we did. In every meeting he remembered information from each conversation, and even helped us find vendors when we were not able to find what we were looking for.
• Communicate and make sure the wedding day represents both of your wants, your relationship, and your personalities.
• CAKE SMASH!! (nicely)
• Don’t feel the need to invite everyone you know. Make sure they play a part in your relationship if they are invited.
• Prioritize what you want and what you are looking for with that vendor to determine your budget in that area.
• Have a final meeting with all vendors to go over timeline, expectations, emergency plans, etc.
Blend Catering Can Help Create the Perfect Wedding Meal
If you have an upcoming event to plan for, we would love to help make your day delicious! We pride ourselves on creating food and drinks that best express your ideas! We listen to your story to create an inspiring menu that compliments your event. Give us a call today to get started!